Microsoft Surface tablet – Is it really the “Next Big Thing” or “The Future” ? The Microsoft surface is coming! As you may have seen, Microsoft is attempting and possibly succeeding at un-seating the Apple iPad at its roots for a hybrid laptop/tablet conversion-able type thing.
Apparently this laptop looking and tablet looking thing is all one thing? Who would have known? From laptop and tablet to both. Either way, Microsoft is doing a LOT of pre-premoting and wants to make this launch a big one. Only small issue is that this tablet / iPad / laptop is simply an iPad with a case on it that has a keyboard. I keep asking my self really what else is it? To me it looks like a hybrid that is for sure, but still I would rather use my full sized laptop if I’m going to be doing heavy-use that will warrant a longer time usage.
I believe that Microsoft could be doing very well in this, however I also have skepticism. Why? Here’s my reasons:
- This tablet looks like a cut-rate laptop that can pass for a net-book
- This tablet or laptop has schizophrenia, in that I can decide what it is. (This may be a good thing?)
- I have seen many things like this by other computer companies, and nothing really has made a “BOOM” in the market place.
- This Microsoft Surface tablet is much thicker then the iPad. You could stick nearly 3 iPads in the same size, how is this better?
- It needs to be proper up on the back side like a onward char position so that it can stand and be used as a laptop.
I Use Windows XP currently because that was the last good operating system that Windows made. I was always a windows fan, and still am somewhat, however this concept and idea may not be as successful as the people commenting on the video below think. (Please Watch Video Bellow)
So what do you think? Is this the next best thing to the iPad 3? Or is this another net-book-wanna-be-ipad-with-keyboard?
Here are the specs of both the models of this new windows surface.
Surface for Windows RT tablet
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra-based ARM chip
- Weight: 676 grams
- Thickness: 9.3 millimeters
- Display: 10.6-inch ClearType HD capacitive touchpanel
- Battery: 31.5Wh
- I/O: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2×2 MIMO antennae
- Software: Windows RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT
- Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand
- Capacity: 32GB / 64GB
- Availability: “Around” the Windows 8 launch (fall 2012)
- Pricing: To be determined
Surface for Windows 8 Pro tablet
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)
- Weight: 903 grams
- Thickness: 13.5 millimeters
- Display: 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD (1080p) capacitive touchpanel
- Battery: 42Wh
- I/O: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, 2×2 MIMO antennae
- Software: Windows 8 Pro
- Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand, Pen with Palm Block
- Capacity: 64GB / 128GB
- Availability: “Three months after” the Windows 8 launch this fall
- Pricing: To be determined
Posts Related to Microsoft Surface tablet: Is It Really That Awesome? Not Really.
Behold these leaked images of the Google Nexus 7" Tablet with Tegra 3 by ASUS! These images are a leaked version of a google Nexus ...
iPad vs iPad 2 vs iPad 3 - This is a full review with the advantages, disadvantages, and pricing for each of Apples tablets. This ...
Well look at what we have here! Kindle has finally steeped up a notch to get a nice color LCD screen on their tablet line. ...
iPhone 5 Pictures – Images – Mockup – Render – 3D – Replica – You will want to buy this when you see it!
Next-Gen iPhone 5 Mockup Picture Images - This next iPhone is simply beautiful! It features a different design and mammy other element changes as you can ...
HTC, has just announced its new LTE ready smartphone, that is decently a beastly device, sporting a 16 Mega Pixel camera, more then many conventional ...
Related Posts via Categories
- Best Sites That Buy Old Electronics
- Galaxy S III Clone Fake Knockoff Replica [Video]
- Websites That Buy Phones
- Buy Used iPhone – Online Store’s & Tips!
- Level Mix Two Answers
- Little Alchemy Cheats, Element Combinations, and Element Ideas [Cheat Codes + Rare Element Combinations]
- [FAQ] iPhone 4S, iPad 2 Unteathered jailbreak and unlock Questions and answers
- How To Get SIRI On iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS, iPad! [INSTALL GUIDE]
- Logo Quiz Level 1 Answers
- Life problems caused by gadgets! End The Gadgets!